How to get the xml message built by the webservice stages???

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mchaves
Participant

How to get the xml message built by the webservice stages???

Post by mchaves »

Hi All,

Does anyone know how to get the xml messages composed by the webservice transformer stage and sent to a webservice?

I'm trying to debug an error we are getting from a Primavera Webservice. My goal is to get the xml request built by datastage and then try to simulate the same request in other tools like Soapui to see if we get the same errors.

Thank you
A bad fishing day is much better than a great day at work
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I usually use a network spy tool.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

...another way is to build a Server Job that calls the same Web Service, and then use the "Trace" option in the Run Job dialog....select the Web Service Transformer on the left side, and all four boxes on the right...you will get a voluminous log in the DS Director.....and in the center you will find the xml request and the xml response (assuming you got one) payload...

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>