SAP BW extract stage issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rsunny
Participant

SAP BW extract stage issue

Post by rsunny »

Hi All,

I have a parallell job which extracts the data from SAP BW extract stage and loads into flat file.

I have used the process chain, connection and source system and also the open Hub Destination name.

It did ran fine in Dev and QA after updating the BW in the extract stage.

It didnt ran in Preprod and the job got Aborted ..After updting the BW in the extract stage , it did worked fine with the lesser Time limit . We have set the time limit in DataStage to abort if it exceeds 7200 seconds. so when i run the job in Preprod with the Time limit as 7200 secs , the job is getting aborted after the time limit is reached but from the BW side it is completing.

So when i trigger the job in Preprod setting the time limit less than 7200 secs which might be like 3600 secs then the job is completed successfully.

Could you please tell me what would be the isssue as when the time limit is set as 7200 secs , the job is aborting whereas when the time limit is set as 3600 secs or less than 4000 secs , the job is working fine.

There is no time limit set from the BW side only the time limit is set in DataStage side to abort after it reaches the time limit.

Any inputs are really appreciated
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Probably a difference in data volumes in the different environments.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rsunny
Participant

Post by rsunny »

Hi Ray,

The records that are extracting is 0 records. None of the records are extracting and even if there are records its extraction with lesser time limit rather than using the time limit as 7200 secs
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That doesn't really alter my thinking, although it would have been good to have mentioned that in the original post.

Whatever SAP is doing to produce these results, it is taking more than 2 minutes to accomplish it. Hence your 7200 second timeout and hence your 0 rows delivered.

Does the request require sorted or aggregated data?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.