unable to create Java Virtual Machine

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mandyli
Premium Member
Premium Member

unable to create Java Virtual Machine

Post by mandyli »

Hi

we re using Datastage 8.7 with AIX unix 6.1 . One of our webservice stage job aborted with following error.

"unable to create Java Virtual Machine" and than as per IBM I have removed following variables from DS admin.

DATASTAGE_JRE=/opt/IBM/InformationServer/_jvm/jre
DATASTAGE_JVM=bin\j9vm

the same job ran fine inDEV,QA and PROD,but suddenly the same job start aborted with above error only on PROD not in DEV & QA.

I am bit confused.

Thanks
Man
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

It's got to be something changed in your PROD environment. Something like either CLASSPATH, PATH, or JAVA_HOME.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

"Suddenly", eh? What changed?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
prasson_ibm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by prasson_ibm »

Hi,
You need to set java CLASSPATH,PATH into .profile of dsadm user.This is what we did in our project.I am not sure but you can set these paths into datastage dadminstrator enviorments.

Check if paths are correct and let us know if you face any issue.
prasson_ibm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by prasson_ibm »

Hi,
Please check current enviormental setting( from job log) and make sure that Datastage_jvm and jre variables are not called. If yes you need to restart the engine.