e

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kkmreddy
Participant

e

Post by kkmreddy »

hi
Last edited by kkmreddy on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

First you need to know how the files are encrypted. Knowing that will give you the ability to know how to decrypt them and how to manage that in DataStage or at least under its control.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kkmreddy
Participant

Post by kkmreddy »

qq
Last edited by kkmreddy on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

A ".gz" suffix suggests compression rather than encryption. Further it suggests gzip (usually a UNIX compression tool) for which the reverse is gunzip. Later versions of WinZip should be able to decompress this file.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kkmreddy
Participant

Post by kkmreddy »

They use AES algoritham to do so ! how and what we need to do in datastage to decrypt this
kkmreddy
Participant

Post by kkmreddy »

Ray , I couldnt see your complete mesage . My Datastage is on Windows platform . How can I decrypt this file . I used FTP stage to get the file into datastage and loaded into some temporary file and i want to Unzip or Decrypt this file . How can i do either of them . Please suggest
FranklinE
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by FranklinE »

It's possible that you are asking the wrong question. A compressed file may or may not be encrypted, while an encrypted file may or may not be compressed.

If the gz files you are getting do not require a password, they are compressed but not encrypted. You do not need anything more than the correct command to uncompress them for further use. In this case, WinZip should be able to handle extracting the compressed files.
Franklin Evans
"Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased. Thus do we refute entropy." -- Spider Robinson

Using mainframe data FAQ: viewtopic.php?t=143596 Using CFF FAQ: viewtopic.php?t=157872
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Also note that if you used the FTP stage to bring over a compressed file to the ETL server, you may have destroyed it in the process. The stage is metadata driven and meant to process on a row-by-row basis which isn't possible with a compressed archive.
-craig

kkmreddy
Participant

Post by kkmreddy »

qq
Last edited by kkmreddy on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Use an Execute Command stage in a Sequence job rather than a subroutine.
-craig