the call to sqlldr failed the return code = 1

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

VIDHATHA
Participant

the call to sqlldr failed the return code = 1

Post by VIDHATHA »

Hi all,
Iam loading data from sqlserver to oracle using sqlserver stage and oracle enterprise stage. if the source having data in sqlserver there is no issue if there is no data its giving error"the call to sqlldr failed the return code = 1"
my target oracle option is load--append mode
can you please help me regarding this

Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Unless someone else chimes in who knows better, I'd suggest you contact your official support provider and see if that is expected behaviour in that situation. You may need to 'test' your source first and only run the loader job if there is actual data to load.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I think that's just "how it works" - Oracle throws an error if you invoke sqlldr and provide a stream of 0 records. You should check first whether any records will be selected, and only execute the job if there are.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
BillB
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BillB »

Have a look at this viewtopic.php?t=119030 and see if it is relevant to your situation (it may not be).
VIDHATHA
Participant

Post by VIDHATHA »

Thank you so much BillB. its working fine after adding of ENV

thank you all.