Client Characterset Property Issue Teradata Connector Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

fridge
Premium Member
Premium Member

Client Characterset Property Issue Teradata Connector Stage

Post by fridge »

Hi,

Have a very simple job extracting a few rows back from a teradata dbase table using the connector stage.

I have this same job running from one aix client without issue. On another sister client however, running against the same dbase environment/table, the same job fails with ....

'RDBMS code 227: MTDP: EM_CHARNAME(227): invalid character set name specified'

In both cases the following environment variable is set at the project level ..
ENV-VAR: CC_TERA_USE_ISO88591_ASCII_MAP defined. Using ISO-8859-1 map & TD-Client charset ASCII

The Client Character set property for the job is set as LATIN1_OA and the Automap CharacterSet Encoding property is set to default 'Yes'.

Also note that when I test the connection and view the data in the job which fails the expected results are returned successfully.

I assume the Teradata installation on the clients must be at the root of this but I am not finding much information on searching on this particular error code.

Any information or suggestions as to how best to investigate this further would be welcome.