looping selective records in transformer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

zulfi123786
Premium Member
Premium Member

looping selective records in transformer

Post by zulfi123786 »

Hi

After going through the documentation it was my understanding that, when a loop condition is specified the transformer reads input records and processes stage variable then evaluates the looping condition and if true evaluates loop variables and flushes the record to output link and if the looping condition is false for a record the loop variables are skipped and it moves to the output link based on the derivations.

On testing I found that, if loop condition is specified and an input record does not satisfy the loop condition it never moves to output link so I was forced to loop every record once(to get it at o/p link)/twice(business logic)

Is there a way to loop specific records (based on condition) and move the rest to output bypassing the looping ?

Also looks like the developers missed placing a vertical scroll bar for the loop variables ;) guess this is taken care of in later to 8.5 versions
- Zulfi