trouble using Oracle hints

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

BradJoss
Premium Member
Premium Member

trouble using Oracle hints

Post by BradJoss »

Hi All,

I'm running into an issue running the following query in an Oracle connector stage.

insert /*+ APPEND */
into #psOracle.jpOracleSchema#.house_off
( H_ID
, O_ID
, REGION_ID
, LAST_UPDATE_TS)
select /*+ PARALLEL(ta1, 16) */ h_id
, o_id
, region_id
, current_timestamp
from #psOraStgTableCredentials.jpOracleStagingSchema#.s_house_offer ta1;

The Oracle connector is being invoked from a RowGenerator in order to push the query down to the DB.

The error I'm seeing is as follows:

previewHO,0: The OCI function OCIStmtExecute returned status 1. Error code: 38910, Error message: ORA-38910: BATCH ERROR mode is not supported for this operation.

previewHO,0: [IIS-CONN-ORA-001003] The OCI function OCIStmtExecute returned status -1. Error code: 24,381, Error message: ORA-24381: error(s) in array DML. (CC_OraStatement::executeInsert, file CC_OraStatement.cpp, line 1,662)

I've read other post in the forum and googled a bit. I think I'm using hints correctly but evidently I'm missing something. Any insight will be appreciated!

Thanks,
Brad
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I'm curious what makes you think the hint is an issue. Are you saying that if you remove the hint that it runs correctly?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Does "array DML" in the error message suggest anything to you? What array size are you using?

<oracle ignorance>
Can you use hints in conjunction with array processing? (Try setting Array Size to 1 to answer this question.)
</oracle ignorance>
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.