Suggest me how to deal with this JOIN?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bond88
Participant

Suggest me how to deal with this JOIN?

Post by bond88 »

I am getting data from different tables and schemas using Oracle connectors. My job contains 12-15 joins and at last before writing to a Oracle table this is the scenario, I want to join two tables I need the data from one table and whatever the columns I need from another stream. I am using right outer join. But unfortunately the data stream has than one record with same ID. So thats why right outer is returning more rows than whatever in the right table.

I need the rows whatever in the right table and columns from the data stream after so many joins.
Bhanu
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You're getting exactly what a right outer join is supposed to return.

Your options include removing duplicates upstream of the Join stage or filtering records downstream of the Join stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

Sounds like you need to understand your data a bit better to figure out what you need from that data stream.