Java Error:- JNIWrapper: load library failed

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

prasson_ibm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Java Error:- JNIWrapper: load library failed

Post by prasson_ibm »

Hi,
I am getting error in running a job with Java client stage.Below are the Error Message:-

Code: Select all

guid,0: Fatal Error: Fatal: TJClient::initialize: unable to create Java Virtual Machine; classpath = /opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/java/lib/tr4j.jar
ASCL-DSJNI-00011`:`JNIWrapper: load library failed: directory /opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/../../ASBNode/apps/jre//opt/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/apps/jre/bin/j9vm, name jvm
 0509-022 Cannot load module /opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/../../ASBNode/apps/jre//opt/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/apps/jre/bin/j9vm/libjvm.a.
 0509-026 System error: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.

We had added DATASTAGE_JRE and DATASTAGE_JVM variables in .profile and job was working fine.

export DATASTAGE_JRE=/opt/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/apps/jre
export DATASTAGE_JVM=$DATASTAGE_JRE/bin/j9vm

I have refered below post from mandyli

viewtopic.php?p=434665

As suggested by mandyli post, we commented these two variables in .profile since it is not required in datastage 8.7 and ran the job,but still we are getting same error message.

Any suggestion will be appriciated.

Thanks
Prasoon
prasson_ibm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by prasson_ibm »

Hi All,

After doing some investigation i am able to resolve this issue.As DATASTAGE_JRE and DATASTAGE_JVM enviorments are not required for IIS8.5 and above,so i removed from .profile but before we started our datastage server with some modification in dsenv and even after removing these variables from .profile it was called in datastage enviornment settings.

So i commented these variables from .profile and reran dsenv and dsengine,after that issue is resolved.

Thanks
Prasoon
mandyli
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mandyli »

Now again I am suddenly getting same error on 8.7.

I am not sure which .profile is your refer here.

Thanks
Man
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Exactly the same error, with exactly the same CLASSPATH settings?

If not, do start your own thread. Indeed, you should do that anyway, because you are on a different version than prasson_ibm.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.