Warning in parallel job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Rob4732
Premium Member
Premium Member

Warning in parallel job

Post by Rob4732 »

Hi All,

Got the following warning in a job this morning:

5490\2013-01-04 02:15:03\2\9\02:15:02(000) <main_program> APT_PMsectionLeader: new Section Leader running, PID = 5782, note that this PID may be transient, refer to TFPM-00201 for the final Section Leader PID.

Something to do with the Process Manager. Job appeared to run fine(other than warning). Wondering if this message can be ignored.

I took a look at the TFPM messages on the IBM site, but TFPM 00201 is not one that is listed.

Running the job again works fine and does not result in Warning message again.

Curious if anyone has experienced something similar to this.

Thanks and Happy New Year.

Robert
We don't see things as they are;
We see them as we are.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is there a TFPM-00201 message later in your job log?

Yes, this message can be ignored (demoted, perhaps).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Rob4732
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Rob4732 »

There are a couple more(show up as informational in the log)(see below):

main_program: APT_PMsectionLeader: new Section Leader running, PID = 5790, note that this PID may be transient, refer to TFPM-00201 for the final Section Leader PID.
APT_PMsectionLeader: new Section Leader running, PID = 5791, note that this PID may be transient, refer to TFPM-00201 for the final Section Leader PID.
APT_PMsectionLeader: new Section Leader running, PID = 5785, note that this PID may be transient, refer to TFPM-00201 for the final Section Leader PID.

Thanks for the info. I will add to message handler.

Robert
We don't see things as they are;
We see them as we are.