db2nodes.cfg with DB2 connector

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

zulfi123786
Premium Member
Premium Member

db2nodes.cfg with DB2 connector

Post by zulfi123786 »

We were using DB2 UDB enterprise stage with Datastage 8.0 which reads the db2nodes.cfg file under the instance home directory to identify the db2 nodes for direct communication and requires ssh set up over the db2 nodes and datastage engine for password less communication.

We now moved to Datastage 8.5 and started using db2 connector stages and also the database version and servers changed. I assumed the connector too woud need the db2nodes.cfg file and searched for the same under the instance home directory but the file wasn't there, but still the connector stage is able to read the data.Doesnt the connector stage need db2nodes.cfg file ?

Under the hood how is the DB2 connector different from DB2 UDB Enterprise stage ?

I believe the connector is significantly different in the way it operates from the UDB stage as otherwise there would not have been a need to come up with a new stage all together.

I took a look at the documentation and all I found was a suggestion to use connectors rather than UDB stage and details of the options in the stage but no specific information as to how the both are different in terms of functionality.

There is a good page describing about DB2 Enterprise stage

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/data/ ... dm-0609xu/

Wish there was one for Connector too.

Thanks.
- Zulfi