Data getting trucated in DB2 Connector

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Nagin
Charter Member
Charter Member

Data getting trucated in DB2 Connector

Post by Nagin »

Hi, I have job that runs a query on DB2 and dumps the data in to a dataset. One of the columns has data like this - "abc & def" and when extracting data datastage is truncating the data after the & character.

Another strange thing is it is not always truncating the data that comes after & some times it is truncating data that is before the ampersand &.

For example, one row with value abc & def it is displaying only abc and for another row with values xyz & zdc it is displaying xyz .

Have you seen this problem before? Is there any setting I need to enable for this?

Thank you.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In both your examples you are getting the data BEFORE the ampersand. What data types are involved?
Are the data being truncated in View Data, or in the job itself (that is, what is the output of the job)?
Are there any non-printing characters in the data?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.