Datastage Px Job Link naming issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

babbu
Participant

Datastage Px Job Link naming issue

Post by babbu »

Hi,

I am facing a issue where the links from transformer are populating data. LIke if we have 3 output links all one to one mapping. Only one link gets data and others will not.

So here is what I did, I deleted the links and dragged new links and it worked fine but when I renamed the new links to original link name they dont work. Now even if i rename to a different name they dont work. I will have to delete them and drag a new link.

I observed similar issue with some jobnames, for a particular jobname they abort, rename the job it works. Pretty Strange

There is no problem with the solution but I wanted to know what could have caused this problem.

Appreciate all your help very much.

Cheers
jerome_rajan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jerome_rajan »

Is it possible that there are conditions mentioned in the constraints section of the transformer?
Jerome
Data Integration Consultant at AWS
Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
babbu
Participant

Post by babbu »

No, There are no constraints, its just a one to one map. I am assuming something at the backend but just curious what it could be.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You almost certainly DID have unsatisfied constraints, which have disappeared when you created replacement links so you can prove this either way.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.