Unable to select records from SQL Server

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

AmeyJoshi14
Participant

Unable to select records from SQL Server

Post by AmeyJoshi14 »

Hi,

We are trying to load the data from the SQL Server into Netezza using nzload option.
The table are created into Netezza through Datastage. When I try to read the data from SQL server for data type like "xml" and Nvarchar(max), odbc connector is giving below error message :-

Code: Select all

ODBC_Connector_0,0: The array size must be set to 1 when reading LOBs (CC_OdbcDBRecordDataSetProducer::dbsAllocateBindBuffers, file CC_OdbcDBRecordDataSetProducer.cpp, line 570)
I tried to convert these columns using cast function but still the error exists... :cry:
Also I have added "DescribeVarcharAsLVC=0" to odbc.ini file.

Could you please help us on this? I have changed the array size still it is giving us the same error? :roll:

Thanks in Advance!!
Appreciate all your help!!
http://findingjobsindatastage.blogspot.com/
Theory is when you know all and nothing works. Practice is when all works and nobody knows why. In this case we have put together theory and practice: nothing works. and nobody knows why! (Albert Einstein)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are you saying that you've changed the Array Size to 1, recompiled the job, and it's still throwing "array size must be 1" error?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.