Equivalent of Translate fn which can be used on Modify Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Sagnik Mukherjee
Participant

Equivalent of Translate fn which can be used on Modify Stage

Post by Sagnik Mukherjee »

Could someone please suggest the equivalent function of Translate function,which I can use on modifyspec of modify stage?
Please suggest function with its full syntax.
Thanks in advance.
Sagnik
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What does the Translate() function do? It's not a function that's built into DataStage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Sagnik Mukherjee
Participant

Post by Sagnik Mukherjee »

the translate function replaces a sequence of characters in a string with another set of characters. Right? I want to do that in modify stage. If I use transformer, then I can think of use Convert function.But as its not available in Modify stage so I want another function which can do the same thing.
Sagnik
SettValleyConsulting
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by SettValleyConsulting »

The Modify Stage is basically a wrapper round the Modify Operator (See the Orchestrate documentation or The Datastage Advanced Parallel Developers Guide under Operators). You're limited to the conversion functions built into this operator and the type of string translation you want is not one of them.

I think your options are to write a BuildOp, a parallel routine or use a Transformer. I'd want a compelling reason not to go for the latter.
Phil Clarke
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The equivalent Transformer function is Ereplace() (for version 9.1) or pxEreplace (earlier versions). This functionality is not available in Modify stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.