Problem in XML ouput to MQ connector

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mark1024
Participant

Problem in XML ouput to MQ connector

Post by mark1024 »

OK, I got the same problem as this post. ( a few years later)

CSV -> Transformer -> XML_Output -> MQ_COnnector.

I can get the XML_Output Stage to create the xml data to OS files via the output link. They look marvelous. However, the MQ connector does not recieve any rows.
the name of the Output Column payload, but no rows get dilvered to MQ.

--Mark
Mark THomas
Data Architect
IBM GBS
mark1024
Participant

Re: Problem in XML ouput to MQ connector

Post by mark1024 »

On the other hand,
Putting in a Reject link, and a columns for the reject message I get:

"XML output document parsing failed. File Path: "

in the reject column specified. Hence is a parsing issue.
Mark THomas
Data Architect
IBM GBS
aravindunni31
Participant

Post by aravindunni31 »

Which XML stage, XML output stage or XML 8.5 Stage? If its XML output stage, disable Write to a File Option and then try running it. and later try with a Dataset instead of MQ. If the issue is with XML creation, even the error should occur while writing to Dataset as well
Regards,
Aravind V A
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

...it sounds as though you are able to successfully write the messages to a sequential stage? We will assume that you have one column on the output link, and it has a long length and a single "/" in the Description property?...and that you can write it to a file and it's the perfect xml that you want?

At the moment I can't think of any reason why it would go successfully to the flat file and not to MQ.

As a test, cut/paste the test document you wrote to the sequential stage into a Transformer that directly feeds the MQ connector or stage...does it still fail?

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>