Prefetch row count

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sk39758
Participant

Prefetch row count

Post by sk39758 »

HI There,

What should be the Ideal value for properties "Prefetch row count" and "Prefetch buffer size " in Orcale Connector stage?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

No such thing as "ideal values" there.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I am also curious about the "Prefetch row count" setting. It defaults to 1. Never really paid any attention to it before. The help hover text just says to enter the number of rows to prefetch. It kind of sounds like a bonus French fry.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Well, there's always something like this but it isn't all that helpful IMHO. And any official Oracle documentation I could find back then like this one all discuss its use in the JDBC drivers, so not sure how valid changing it is unless you are using them. Seems like a question for support. And no, not anything like a bonus French Fry. :P
-craig

qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I actually found both those links quite helpful. Thank you. They give a more detailed explanation. I had searched and not found that explanation.

I think we can disregard the JDBC driver part and see that it's an Oracle Client feature that the Connector stage supports. Am going to have to test it out to see if there's any noticeable difference...
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I await the outcome with baited breath! 8)
-craig