ODBC connection timeout error after upgrade to Linux 11

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ruf888
Participant

ODBC connection timeout error after upgrade to Linux 11

Post by ruf888 »

Hi, All

we upgraded our operation server SUSE Linux from version 10 to 11. After that our parallel jobs which use ODBC connections to write to DB2 tables get the message ODBC function "SQLConnect" reported: SQLSTATE = HYT00: Native Error Code = 0: Msg = [IBM(DataDirect OEM)][ODBC DB2 Wire Protocol driver]Timeout expired. (CC_OdbcConnection::connect, file CC_OdbcConnection.cpp, line 440).

The error happens if we run several jobs in sequence, one of the jobs aborted with the timeout error, but if I start the aborted job itself, then it finishs without error.

Can somebody help ?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That kind of thing always screams 'resource issue' to me. Have you talked to your SysAdmin and/or DBA about it? Perhaps some settings need to be bumped up.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ruf888
Participant

Post by ruf888 »

actually I solved the problem. I setted the auto commit in ODBC property to on, then it works
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That sounds more like a 'workaround' to me and doesn't really address the root of the problem, especially if you didn't have that on before. But... ok.
-craig

Madhumitha_Raghunathan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Madhumitha_Raghunathan »

Hi,

We are facing the same issuse when multiple inctances of the same job runs, one instance fails. We have the auto commit set to off and it used to run fine. After the servers were relocated, we are facing this issue.

Also the job is failing in 16 seconds when we are trying to load just 1 record.

Will be grateful if anyone has any suggestions on resolving this.
Thanks,
Madhumitha
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You really should start your own topic in situations like this. Make sure we have all of your particulars including your actual error message. Please.
-craig