DFLOAT DATATYPE MISMATCH

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

devsonali
Premium Member
Premium Member

DFLOAT DATATYPE MISMATCH

Post by devsonali »

Hello All ,
I have an issue where I am trying to pull a decimal fields which loads as Float (when I import the metadata definition from the database ), however when i just try process the data to say peak stage for testing purposes I have the following error

Schema reconciliation detected a size mismatch for column X. When reading database column DFLOAT into column VARCHAR(min=0,max=15), truncation, loss of precision or data corruption can occur. (CC_DBSchemaRules::reportSizeMismatch, file CC_DBSchemaRules.cpp, line 1,692)

I did a search in the Forum here and found that this can be casted as decimal and that works well for me ,
However I have lots of other fields that are float data types when the table metadata is imported
I wanted to find if you guys know a way to process this data without writing user defined SQL (Select Cast )

I appreciate your time looking into this .
devsonali
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by devsonali »

I retried to just load the data as it is by choosing the Float datatype as such

It gave me

Schema reconciliation detected a size mismatch for column noofauditors. When reading database column DFLOAT into column SFLOAT, truncation, loss of precision or data corruption can occur. (CC_DBSchemaRules::reportSizeMismatch, file CC_DBSchemaRules.cpp, line 1,692)

Anybody faced something similar to this , please feel free to share your workarounds or Solutions
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The solution is to have your metadata match what's really out there.

I always do, so I've never encountered that particular message.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.