CLOB-> LONGNVARCHAR

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

deeplind07
Participant

CLOB-> LONGNVARCHAR

Post by deeplind07 »

Hi,

Can some one tell me the maximum length of characters that oracle connector stage can read and process in datastage.

I have 5 column maximum 12000 char each long(Clob datatype in oracle). i want to concatenate these columns and then split the note into 4000 characters each and create new records for each 4000 chars.

Is it possible ? what datatype do i need to select ,is there any propety setting in the oracle connector to read this long data?

Thanks!!
DD
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What happened when you tried? What datatype did you get for those fields when you imported the metadata? For your first question, I would ask that of your official support provider. I'd also be curious what exact 8.x version you have.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You might try CAST (columname AS LONG VARCHAR2(20000)) in your user-defined query.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
deeplind07
Participant

Post by deeplind07 »

I am not sure of the official service provider.

When i imported the metadata it gave longnvarchar (2147483647).
We are using version8.1.

I am able to 'view data' in the oracle connector. But when i try to insert data by doing 1;1 mapping in transformer for each field it is throwing the below error

'Oracle_Connector_6,1: Operator terminated abnormally: received signal SIGSEGV'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Try cutting the length in the metadata back to a sufficient length (4000 probably).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.