Error using basic transformer stage in parallel Job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

samarvind
Participant

Error using basic transformer stage in parallel Job

Post by samarvind »

Hi,

I get few error messages when I use basic transformer in the parallel job - "operator terminated abnormally received signal sigsegv"
APT_PMsectionLeader(1,compute), player 2, Unexpected exit status 1
APT_PMsectionLeader(1,compute), player 6, Unexpected exit status 1 APT_PMsectionLeader(1,compute), player 7, Unexpected exit status 1
APT_PMsectionLeader(1,compute), player 8, Unexpected exit status 1
APT_PMsectionLeader(1,compute), player 9, Unexpected exit status 1

My Job design: Parallel Job

Seq.file ---link1---> basic transformer ----link2---> Oracle Target

I am using basic transformer because parallel transformer can reject rows but I am unable to add few other columns to the reject metadata to match my reject table structure. Hence I am trying to see if I can use basic transformer and capture rejects as well as user-defined columns with custom values.

From basic transformer, I want to capture the errors thrown by link2 using some basic functions like REJECTEDCODE , LASTERR< DBMSCODE..etc to write to another reject table.

However, I hit roadblock when running jobs which is aborting.

Can we use basic transformer in parallel Job? I guess yes, but then why error when executing?

Do we have all the basic functions, link functions available in basic transformer in parallel transformer? If not, in the reject link of any stages in parallel job can we add few other columns to reject metadata.

Thanks in advance for all your expert suggestions
Thanks & Regards
arvind sampath
Software Engineer
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Do you realize that you can put a reject row into a transform stage and then add/delete/change columns there?
Do we have all the basic functions, link functions available in basic transformer in parallel transformer? If not, in the reject link of any stages in parallel job can we add few other columns to reject metadata.
No, while many functions exist in both transform stages, many others only exist in one or the other.

The error message posted doesn't show any error, just the effects of an error (the sigsegv - signal segmentation violation).