lookUp stage doesn't match records

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ashishm
Premium Member
Premium Member

lookUp stage doesn't match records

Post by ashishm »

Hi,

I have a previous project's job in which there's a lookup stage. Right now this LookUp stage doesn't match records eventhough there is a match between the source link and the lookup link, how could that happen? It's an urgent task for me to figure it out, can anyone help me on this issue? Thanks in advance.
Ashish Mishra

Infotrellis
http://infotrellis.com/
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Typically that would be because the values do not in fact match. It could be as simple as extra spaces at the end of one value: trying to match "A" to "A " for example. I'd start with that.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

We don't do "urgent", particularly on weekends. If you need urgent, sign up with your official support provider for premier support, and learn just how much urgent costs.
DSXchange is an all-volunteer site whose members post as, when and if they can.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: lookUp stage doesn't match records

Post by SURA »

Capture the reject data into a file in the lookup stage and see how the data is?

Write a query (If your reference is table) and in the where clause pass this data and see how the data is?

As Ray said, this is not the place to get ASAP. Whereas if you take out "urgent" from your mind, yourself can find the solution.
Thanks
Ram
----------------------------------
Revealing your ignorance is fine, because you get a chance to learn.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

I would also make sure metadata matches. If your keys are char and one is varchar that could cause a problem. If your case does not match that make cause a problem.
Mamu Kim