sequential file field quotes missing for few fields

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

saidvs
Participant

sequential file field quotes missing for few fields

Post by saidvs »

Hi All,

i am creating a csv file with 10 fields and selected the field defaults Quote = double. But when i am generating the file, the quotes are missing in the out put for few fields. especially it is missing for one filed which is a 'COMMENT' field and the comment field has some ',' (comma) in the data. as the double quotes are missing the comment field is spreaded to the next columns.

please advise if i missed selecting any options?

thanks,
sai
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Are you certain that the data type is "string" for this column; I've never seen this stage not create double quotes when set to do so, but this option only applies to non-numeric fields.
saidvs
Participant

Post by saidvs »

Yes, it is a Varchar and weird part is, it is working for few fields and only missing for this comment field.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Do you have any extended attributes set by mistake for this field?
saidvs
Participant

Post by saidvs »

nope, the job is just a oracle enterprise stage, transformer and sequential stage..its a direct move and i didn't set any properties except the format tab with row delimiter string dos prompt.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Go to the stage, double-click the number next to the column name and see if any of those settings are set, that is what I meant by the "extended attributes"
saidvs
Participant

Post by saidvs »

Yes, Arnd i did checked the extended attributes and nothing is checked.
Kryt0n
Participant

Post by Kryt0n »

And just to be sure... your delimiter is set to the comma?

Try changing your delimiter and see if it handles the field differently. Can't say I've ever seen this issue (although rarely use comma as my delimiter)