UNION of CLOB in DataStage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Pacific007
Participant

UNION of CLOB in DataStage

Post by Pacific007 »

I am facing problem while using Column of datatype in source Query of Oracle. I Googled the same and found we cannot use UNION incase of CLOB while we can use UNION ALL, but by using UNION All we will get duplicates. We cannot apply distinct on CLOB column. Is there any way we can do union of CLOB columns in DataStage and get the distinct value. Apart from clob column there are other columns in source Query. When we remove Clob Cloumn from source , our Union Query works fine.

Regards,
Pacific
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What database?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What if you CAST them as LONG VARCHAR ?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Pacific007
Participant

Post by Pacific007 »

Apologies...DataBase is Oracle 10g, and I tried with Cast but data got truncated......as of now I changed the Query and removed the Union, but still the Question is open if we have to do such in future......
Pacific
rameshrr3
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rameshrr3 »

I assume you can use 2 seperate queries and combine them with a funnel , parse the clob data and remove duplicates from resolved fields if that was ever an option. I really do not know at this moment if you can set the entire clob data column as a key for removing duplicates though . Was the CLOB data plain text or a wellformed XML ?