Unable To Get Out From This

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

knip1
Participant

Unable To Get Out From This

Post by knip1 »

HI Experts,
Please help me to solve the below error

main_program: When preparing operator: When setting up transfer for "COL_A":Implicit conversion from source type "ustring[5]" to destination type "string[5]": Converting ustring to string using codepage ISO-8859-1.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Maybe mark the target string extended property as Unicode.

Otherwise find out which character is not being handled as ASCII in your data, and handle it appropriately.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
knip1
Participant

Post by knip1 »

Thanks ray, Issue is now resolved, i changed the datatype from char to Nchar
vamsi.4a6
Participant

Post by vamsi.4a6 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Otherwise find out which character is not being handled as ASCII in your data, and handle it appropriately. ...
I am beginner for Datastage. Could anybody please help me how to find out which character is not being handled as ASCII in your data?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Specify Unicode, write to a text file, view using a hex display utility (for example UltraEdit).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vamsi.4a6
Participant

Post by vamsi.4a6 »

@ray.wurlod
Thanks for the Reply.Could you please help me where to specify this unicode property while writing to a text file?
ntr
Participant

Post by ntr »

ray.wurlod wrote:Specify Unicode, write to a text file, view using a hex display utility (for example UltraEdit). ...

What is hex display utility

Thanks
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

vamsi.4a6 - The unicode property is part of the text columns, each one can have its own setting.
ntr - A hex display utility is some program that shows the hex values for data. A simple one one is "od -x" in UNIX and many text editors have a hex display mode
ntr
Participant

Post by ntr »

Thank You So Much ArndW