Parameterizing where clause in db2 connector

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nikhil_bhasin
Participant

Parameterizing where clause in db2 connector

Post by nikhil_bhasin »

I am trying to paramterize the arguments of where clause in Db2 connector stage like below:-

Select col1,col2 from schema.tabname1 where col2 IN ('#var1#')

Now the above query works well if i pass only 1 value e.g var1='N', but does not pull any data when i pass more than 1 e.g. var1='N','D'

I am assuming the above behaviour is due to single quotes placed while giving the paramter '#var1#' . But if i remove them, datastage treats values as column names and abort giving below error:-

DB2_Connector_1,0: DB2 reported: SQLSTATE = 42S22: Native Error Code = -206: Msg = [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/AIX64] SQL0206N "N" is not valid in the context where it is used. SQLSTATE=42703

Please let me know if there is way to pass multiple values to a job paramter
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This has been posted a number of times, with the consensus seeming to be that you can't make a list a parameter. However, you can make the entire SQL statement (with its list) a parameter.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Are you certain that your var1 string contains the single quotes around the values? If so, then just doing ...IN (#var1#)... in the SELECT should work. I don't have DB2 here, but tested it with other connectors and that functioned correctly.

In your post I see double-quote in the error message.
MT
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Parameterizing where clause in db2 connector

Post by MT »

Hi nikhil_bhasin

see also

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg1JR29181

and make sure to lookup any further problem descriptions based on
APT_OSL_PARAM_ESC_SQUOTE
regards

Michael
nikhil_bhasin
Participant

Post by nikhil_bhasin »

Got the answer, we need to include escape char \ for every single qoute that we are passing in the value of parameter
eg var1 = \'A\',\'N\' so on...
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Actually, you don't. The link MT posted shows that you can set an APT variable so that happens automatically.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers