Can't compile tranformer stage in parallel job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Elisabete
Participant

Can't compile tranformer stage in parallel job

Post by Elisabete »

Hello to all,

I've installed the information server 8.5, and in the same machine I have the client datastage, director... When I try to compile a parallel job with a transformer stage I have this error:

##I IIS-DSEE-TFCN-00006 12:03:22(001) <main_program> conductor uname: -s=Windows_NT; -r=1; -v=6; -n=DSX; -m=Pentium
##I IIS-DSEE-TOSH-00002 12:03:22(002) <main_program> orchgeneral: loaded
##I IIS-DSEE-TOSH-00002 12:03:22(003) <main_program> orchsort: loaded
##I IIS-DSEE-TOSH-00002 12:03:22(004) <main_program> orchstats: loaded
##W IIS-DSEE-TOSH-00049 12:03:22(007) <main_program> Parameter specified but not used in flow: DSPXWorkingDir
##E IIS-DSEE-TFTM-00006 12:03:22(009) <transform> Error when checking composite operator: The -flag=compile option was used, but no input schema was specified.
##E IIS-DSEE-TFSR-00019 12:03:22(010) <main_program> Could not check all operators because of previous error(s)
##E IIS-DSEE-TCOS-00029 12:03:22(011) <main_program> Creation of a step finished with status = FAILED. (Untitled1.Transformer_7)

I've installed the microsoft visual studio 2008 express edidion and then Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7 and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, because for version v6.0A of SDK there's no included and lib path.
anyone can help me?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have you correctly set all the environment variables at the operating system level (PATH, LIBPATH, INCLUDE) and within DataStage (APT_COMPILER, APT_COMPILE_OPTIONS, APT_LINKER, APT_LINKER_OPTIONS) ?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rosecity
Participant

Post by rosecity »

As mentioned you have to set up the operating system environment variables. For Windows installations you have to set the LIB and INCLUDE environment variables.

For example:

Lib: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Lib

Include: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Include

A reboot is required after changing Windows OS environment variables.

See the following link on setting up C++ compiler in 8.5:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocente ... s_cpp.html
Elisabete
Participant

Post by Elisabete »

Yes, I made this configuration (only for Lib and Include), but still not working...

could you help me?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What about the four APT_ environment variables mentioned in my earlier post?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Elisabete
Participant

Post by Elisabete »

are also configurated... I did it like this like (windows) : (http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocente ... s_cpp.html)