DB2 Bulk Load

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

TonyInFrance
Premium Member
Premium Member

DB2 Bulk Load

Post by TonyInFrance »

I have quite a simple job design that reads afew hundred thousand lines from a dataset and writes to a DB2 database using the DB2 Connector and in Bulk Load mode.

I am truncating the table separately before hand. The job design (on viewing performance statistics) shows that all my 325,826 rows have been read and transmitted to my target table. However in the Director I see that only 40,729 lines have been written. There is no warning whatsoever.

Apparently for the target stage the job is reading and inserting the 40,729lines on a single node, 0. The other nodes show 0 read, 0 written, 0 rejected.

Is there any particular configuration that I'm omitting?

Thanks
Tony
BI Consultant - Datastage
ds@tcs
Participant

Re: DB2 Bulk Load

Post by ds@tcs »

yes. Problem might be with Configuration file. Try with another config file or change the no of nodes in the same config file.
Regards
Sankar
zulfi123786
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by zulfi123786 »

The counts shown by performance statics are not 100% reliable.
Which of your counts 325,826 or 40,729 is correct ?

for the accurate counts, when you have such anomalies always use column like LOAD_DT/UPDT_LAST_DT which capture the processing date.
- Zulfi
sathya_anjan
Participant

Post by sathya_anjan »

DB2 Bulk loader will use the DB2 Bulk Load Utility and logs the load statistics in the message path which you have provided in the property "Local Message File Name" under the Properties tab of the DB2 Bulk Loader Stage

Can you get into the message file and look for any warnings/rejections there please?