Assembly editor is not openning

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

soumya5891
Participant

Assembly editor is not openning

Post by soumya5891 »

First time I am usig the XML stage (introduced in 8.5) . When I am clicking on the Edit Assembly button, assembly window is not openeing. is it the issue with the patch installation or some other thing is happening?
Soumya
Karthik.M
Participant

DS 8.5 Fixpack 1

Post by Karthik.M »

Assembly Editor is an external tool available in DS 8.5 fixpack 1.
It is not available in the basic package.
Tools like Assembly Editor and Schema Library Manager are very useful for configuring XML schemas and generate an efficient job flow. If its not available in any fix packs, it should be a paid tool which should be acquired from IBM.
Karthik.M
Analyst
Infotrellis.
smleonard
Participant

Post by smleonard »

Did you ever get a fix to this? I am now also running into the same problem.

Oddly, we have an IBM consultant on-site, who is able to open a job he created with the XML stage and click on the "Edit Assembly" button, but when we try on any of our laptops it doesn't work. To further complicate matters, I've compared the list of patches applied to each of our machines, and they are identical.

I am able to get to the Schema Library Manager... just not the Assembly Editor. And yes, we do have Fixpack1 installed.
gooseswab
Participant

Fix Pack 2

Post by gooseswab »

There is a bug fix in Fix Pack 2 which will allow you to open the XML Assembly Editor. The fix is JR42553.
smleonard
Participant

Post by smleonard »

Just in case anyone else runs into the problem, even after FixPack 2, we still could not access Edit Assembly. I don't know that there is an official patch out yet, but you can have them reference PMR47521 if you want the fix. This solved the issue for us.

Thanks,
-Sean