usage of pxpivot stage for vertical pivot

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

fyaqq
Participant

usage of pxpivot stage for vertical pivot

Post by fyaqq »

Hi,
I found our current datastage installation there is a enterprise pivot (pxpivot) stage for parallel job. But the documentation I have
is only for horizontal pivot for the pxpivot stage. But I do see there
is an option for vertical pivot in the pxpivot stage.
Can someone show me how to usage vertical pivot?
Thanks a lot!
chetan.c
Participant

Re: usage of pxpivot stage for vertical pivot

Post by chetan.c »

fyaqq wrote:I found our current datastage installation there is a enterprise pivot (pxpivot) stage for parallel job!
Hi,

Add the stage to the canvas and click on Help .
It will lead you to the information you are asking for.

Thanks,
Chetan.C
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

Be aware that the vertical option appears in the pxpivot stage a version earlier than it is actually supported. I don't remember whether it was 8.5 or 8.7 that actually added the vertical pivot functionality.

In the version where vertical appeared in the dropdown without being functional, choosing horizontal or vertical in the dropdown made no difference.

Mike
rameshrr3
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rameshrr3 »

I guess its 8.5 or 8.1 that does not have the functionality perhaps ? I clearly see the documentation for the vertical pivot in the Version 8.7 edition of Parallel job developers guide, so im assuming its at least supported on 8.7 .
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

I'm at an 8.1 site now and just checked. The Pivot Enterprise stage has both Horizontal and Vertical options for Pivot Type, so it must be 8.1 where Vertical is not available and then becomes available in 8.5.

Mike
rameshrr3
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rameshrr3 »

I guess 8.1 is the culprit . because there was a little bit of fanfare about 8.5 having the Vertical Pivot Feature, and the IBM online documentation for 8.5 ( parallel Job Dev Guide) has an explicit write up on vertical pivot .