Best approach

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

srivalli_b
Participant

Best approach

Post by srivalli_b »

In my job I have one STG_CSPR_RECON_HAND table which contains rslt_1,rslt_2,rslt_3,rslt_4,rslt_5.......rslt_25(source columns)

For each record I need check rslt_1<>0.0 then "ohlbr" assign to result_cd out put column and "rslt_1"(hard coded value) assign to rslt_fld_cd column

For each record I need check rslt_2<>0.0 then "DIRECT"assign to result_cd out put column and "rslt_2" (hard coded value)assign to rslt_fld_cd column2

For each record I need check rslt_2<>0.0 then "DIROTP" assign to result_cd out put column and "rslt_3" (hard coded value)assign to rslt_fld_cd column2
------

------
-------

For each record I need check rslt_25<>0.0 then "FMOHSA"assign to result_cd out put column and "rslt_25" (hard coded value)assign to rslt_fld_cd column2

My job design:

teradata connector stage-----> transformer----------->(25 out put links)--------> funnel----> teradata connector stage.

Is there any best way to implement this scenarao?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Your design will work, but you will get a separate row for each source row that matches its condition. Is that what you require?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
srivalli_b
Participant

Post by srivalli_b »

yes, Is there any best approach apart from this?