dataset

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

srivalli_b
Participant

dataset

Post by srivalli_b »

Hi,
dataset1 dataset2
my job: teradata connector stage---> lookup------->td stage.

IN my job I am doing the look up with two datasets.But in two datasets are empty(no records). After runing the job dataset link is showing source count.

That means If source is 10 records two dataset are showing 10 recods.

please help me.
BI-RMA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BI-RMA »

If the reference-link from the dataset to the lookup shows a count unequal zero, your dataset is not empty. Test it using view data.
"It is not the lucky ones are grateful.
There are the grateful those are happy." Francis Bacon
srivalli_b
Participant

Post by srivalli_b »

my dataset does not contain any rows. When I am tried to view data it is not showing any records. My problem is my sequencer will take count of the links and loaded into the audit table. that is problem.

two month back only we installed datastage software.
synsog
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by synsog »

You Specified, sequencer will take count of the links and loaded into the audit table. This means you are using Basic fuctions;
Now your job is like this

DataSet1 DataSet2
| |
link1 link2
| |
TeraDatastage ---(srclnk)--------> Lookup Stage1 --------> Lookup Stage2 -------(tgtlnk)------>TeraDataStage;

So.. if you collect the count of rows linked to Lookupstage1 ; then two links are connected, so you should mentioned which link need to consider either srclnk or link1;
likewise for second Lookupstage2;

Sometimes after job is completed, if you go and view the job statistics, then you will see records , even though if there no records in the stages.... this is some thing related to GUI issue.
So you should code properly to collect the link row counts;
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

srivalli_b wrote:my dataset does not contain any rows. When I am tried to view data it is not showing any records.
That seems entirely reasonable.

You need a better strategy, perhaps dsrecords -n command, in your sequence to determine the number of rows.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
srivalli_b
Participant

Post by srivalli_b »

we have standard template given by client to load into the audit table.There is no problem in the template

I can not change the template. My question is there is no records in the dataset.why it is showing records in the datastage designer.
jwiles
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jwiles »

Have you tried using either the Dataset Management tool (Tools->Dataset Management in either Designer or Director) or the orchadmin command on a command line to retrieve the properties of the datasets in question? If your dataset names are parameterized in your job, ensure that you are providing the same parameters as are being passed when the job is run. Otherwise, you may be trying to view a completely different dataset then your job reads...

Regards,
- james wiles

All generalizations are false, including this one - Mark Twain.
synsog
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by synsog »

srivalli_b wrote:we have standard template given by client to load into the audit table.There is no problem in the template

I can not change the template. My question is there is no records in the dataset.why it is showing records in the datastage designer.
This is generic question, if designer is showing records, does it giving wrong resutls in Audit table ? IF not then, why you are bothering about the GUI interface results? If you really looking for a solution, ask your DS Admin, to re-boot the server, since the cache overlap will occur, where it will pick and display the records improperly.