date value

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hargun
Participant

date value

Post by hargun »

Hi,

I have create a column name EFFT_DT (DATE) and i enter 2011-04-03 in dummy flat file in notepad but its showing values like 40240 in sequential when i try to view data.i want 2011-04-03.Can someone helps me on this.
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: date value

Post by SURA »

Share the settings you made in the Sequential file stage?
Thanks
Ram
----------------------------------
Revealing your ignorance is fine, because you get a chance to learn.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Date data type will be converted to an internal format when processed by the import operator. How are you determining that the value is 40240? (Don't believe everything you read in newspapers or the data browser.)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
hargun
Participant

Post by hargun »

hi sura,

here is sequential file settings

Record level
Final delemiter :none
Field level
Delemiter : |
Quote :none

Hi ray,
I get to know that value of date when i copy the records from spreadsheet to notepad in notepad its showing that values wheres i enter the yyyy-mm-dd format in spreadsheet.I use spreadsheet for creating file
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Excel also stores dates in a numeric format. You have to specify the cell format to get it to display (or dump) in any other format.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ankursaxena.2003
Participant

Post by ankursaxena.2003 »

When you import the file in Excel at that time select EFFECTIVE_DT as TEXT columns and not General.
And try to open the file in Textpad or Notepad and I think it should show you the correct date as in the Source file.