Action String Parameter is not valid or is too long

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Pacific007
Participant

Action String Parameter is not valid or is too long

Post by Pacific007 »

I am using DB2 and sometimes during bulk load with replace mode I am getting error "Action String Parameter
is not valid or is too long" . I am not sure why this error comes but when I use the same job and remove the index it runs fine , but sometimes it gives same error if index are removed from the job in that case when I check the index error gone.

Every time this error comes I have to check index on target table if it is marked then I have to remove if those are not marked I have to apply. This is not a permanent solution same job sometimes gives error with index sometimes with out index. If anyone have permanent solution please let us know.
Pacific
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

DB2 web site says...

SQL3009NThe Action String parameter is not valid or too long.
Explanation:
The Action String (for example, "REPLACE into ..." for Load and Import or "SELECT c1 ..." for Export) parameter in the command is not valid or too long. The Action String pointer may be incorrect. The structure that the Action String points to may be incorrect. The Action String structure may contain characters that are not valid. The Action String is longer than 2097152.

The command cannot be processed.

User response:
Verify the Action String pointer and the structure it points to. Resubmit the command with a valid Action String.

I have not seen that error before. Do you have any parameters in there? If not I would expect to get the same error each time.

Check with your DB2 DBA also.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
Pacific007
Participant

Post by Pacific007 »

I checked we are not using any such action string parameter, only the schema name user name and pwd are parameterised, but the same jobs give error with index keys checked or without index keys checked.
Pacific
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Take the SQL from the job log if it is there, to your DBA. If still stuck, then contact support.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius