LIBPATH & The module has an invalid magic number error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

RAJARP
Participant

LIBPATH & The module has an invalid magic number error

Post by RAJARP »

Hi all,

I am having a job sequence which is having a routine activity.The routine activity is as detailed below

Routine name:ExecSHSilent

Aruments:

Name:Inputarg
value expression: ksh /path/unixscript.ksh bteq1.sql

where
'unixscript1.ksh' is used to trigger the 'bteq1.sql'

while executing the job,i got the error

Could not load program bteq:
the job failed with the error

Code: Select all

Dependent module /usr/lib/lib_64/libicuiotd.so could not be loaded.
	The module has an invalid magic number.
04/23/2012 04:25:50 PM : Error code = 255
after a bit of research, i found that I need to add LIBPATH in the shell script ''unixscript1.ksh' '
In the administrator , the value of LIBPATH is /usr/lib.
But in the Director log, I saw a very big creepy value

/opt/tpt13/teradata/client/13.10/tbuild/lib64:/usr/teragss/aix-power/client/lib:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/branded_odbc/lib:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSComponents/lib:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSComponents/bin:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/lib:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/uvdlls:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/PXEngine/lib:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/apps/jre/bin:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/apps/jre/bin/classic:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/lib/cpp:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/apps/proxy/cpp/aix-all-ppc_64:/usr/lib/lib_64::/opt/db/oracle/10.2/lib:/usr/lib
I tried adding

export LIBPATH=/usr/lib
in my shell script 'unixscript1.ksh'
and see that the job got executed successfully.

Now I would like to know, whether adding "LIBPATH=/usr/lib" is fine or do i need to add the very lengthy value of LIBPATH (which i got from director log)?

Thouogh I got my job running now, I don't want it to fall apart in higher environements like PROD.that is why i am being cautious.

Thanks in advance,
Raja R P