Datastage connectivity with SAP

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nagarjuna
Premium Member
Premium Member

Datastage connectivity with SAP

Post by nagarjuna »

Hi , I am working on Datastage 8.5 version . I am trying to connect datastage to SAP source system .I am using ABAP extract stage for that .

I am using data transfer method : RFC . Here I am getting the below error

An error occurred while validating the RFC destination.

ABAP_E_00706`:`An error occurred while retrieving RFC destination information.

ABAP_E_00704`:`RFC destination information could not be retrieved. Error Message: 'SYSTEM_FAILURE'.

According to the documentation , I have created the RFC destination in SAP .But still getting the above error .

Any inputs on this would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks
Nag
Nag
bashbal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bashbal »

I'm using SAP R/3 pack 6.5.0.1 with InformationServer 8.5 on HPUX IA64. I've had many problems with this pack and the fastest way to fix your problem is probably opening a PMR with IBM or whomever you support provider is.

Based on my experience, here's some things to check:

Make sure the destination names are the same. If you change it in the designer, you have to re-generate the ABAP code and upload it to SAP.

Refer to Troubleshooting ABAP extraction jobs section of the SAP pack Integration Guide. There may be outstanding failed transactions which will prevent the job from running. In SAP, use SM58 to find and remove them.

Make sure the user has all the proper security authorizations as specified in the Integration Guide. The Z_DS_PROFILE should have done this, but the manual has a section on how to setup manually. Verify that all of the listed auth objects are assigned.
Lyle
nagarjuna
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nagarjuna »

Thanks a lot for your response . I did open a PMR with IBM & the issue got resolved . It has to do something with the user which connects from datastage to SAP
Nag