An unidentified error has occured in lookup stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rajeevm
Participant

An unidentified error has occured in lookup stage

Post by rajeevm »

Hi All,

I am trying to compile my job but it says "An unidentified error has occured" when I clicked on show error button its pointing to Lookup stage in which I am looking up on two fields and making a reject link if lookup failure and writing the rejects to a sequential file. I tried to add copy and transformer stages to the reject but its not working. Please help me out to resolve this . I appreciate your help.

Thanks
rajeev
Kryt0n
Participant

Post by Kryt0n »

When you compile there is a "Show Error" and a "More" button, have you tried clicking the "More"? (assuming it enabled)

Have you specified that the lookup must reject records on failure? (The default is fail so need to explicitly state reject)
rahcomp
Participant

Re: An unidentified error has occured in lookup stage

Post by rahcomp »

rajeevm wrote:Hi All,

I am trying to compile my job but it says "An unidentified error has occured" when I clicked on show error button its pointing to Lookup stage in which I am looking up on two fields and making a reject link if lookup failure and writing the rejects to a sequential file. I tried to add copy and transformer stages to the reject but its not working. Please help me out to resolve this . I appreciate your help.

Thanks
rajeev
Verify lookup stage for 3 things

- On the reference meta- you have defined a key column but unmapped
- You have included any link constraint with invalid link / column / stage variable name
- Not selected Lookup Failure Action --> Reject
Rahul
DS Lover