Size limit on sequential file stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bobbysridhar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Size limit on sequential file stage

Post by bobbysridhar »

Hi,
I have the following requirement.
I have a lookup stage and in stage properties I put if look up fails then go to reject link. In the reject link I put sequential file.
The data is huge and I have to set size limit on sequentail file in reject link
as 2MB and once it reaches the 2MB limit it has to go to the new file.
So, I need to set up the size limit on sequential file and at the same time once the size limit reached it has to go automatically to another file.
My source and target both are oracle.
Could someone help me to find solution for this.
I need to put a timestamp in rejected records in sequential file.
I can create timestamp in transformer, but do not know how to pass it to sequential reject file through lookup failure link.

Thanks,
Sridhar
k.v.sreedhar
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

You can't do that with DataStage.

You might try creating the large file then using a UNIX command like split to break it up. This will work even though you are executing on a Windows server - every DataStage installation has MKS Toolkit (UNIX emulator).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

2 MB is rather small. Are you sure the limit should not be 2 GB instead?

If you're having trouble adding a timestamp on the reject link, you could insert a Transformer stage before the Lookup stage, and derive the timestamp there. If the row is rejected, then it already has the timestamp. If it's not rejected, you can drop the column from normal Lookup stage output.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
kandyshandy
Participant

Post by kandyshandy »

It's going to be a public holiday tomorrow... but some questions like this make me think like going home instead of fun filled places ;)
Kandy