Connector Stage versus Enterprise Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vmcburney
Participant

Connector Stage versus Enterprise Stage

Post by vmcburney »

What do you miss from the Enterprise Stage that isn't in the Connector stage? What would you like added to the Connector stages?

My example: I noticed this week that adding a filter to an existing Connector is painful if it has Generated SQL. In the old Enterprise Stage it was easy - just switch to a read method of "TABLE" and choose "WHERE CLAUSE" from the option options. Or copy the generated SQL statement, switch to user-defined and paste into the user-defined field and add the WHERE clause. In a connector I cannot find a quick way to add a filter to a generated SQL statement. There are two read methods - generated or not generated. When switching to non Generated the SQL statement is lost and in order to add a filter I have to build the SQL all over again with the SQL Builder or user defined SQL before I can add the WHERE clause.
suse_dk
Participant

Post by suse_dk »

I would like the ability to concatenate parameters in the table name field. Right now a new parameter overwrites the existing one automatically in the Connector stage (at least in v. 8.1).

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can concatenate them if you type them in manually.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
suse_dk
Participant

Post by suse_dk »

I know I can type them manually... or copy/paste from notepad or the likes... but in the Enterprise stage I don't have to, so I would just be nice if the Connector stage allowed it too.... :)

Post by vmcburney »

I like that idea, I seem to remember some old Server Job stages let you append a job parameter into a text field without replacing the entire field. I would prefer if insert parameter was the default and not replace for SQL fields.