Parsing .apt file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

karthi_gana
Premium Member
Premium Member

Parsing .apt file

Post by karthi_gana »

All,

In pur project, we use the configuration file which has by default 3 nodes. I have just created a new .apt file with 6 nodes. I would like to use the new one for my new job. How?

I have also searched here to do this. I just heard that we have to "parse the new .apt file". what it is?
Karthik
karthi_gana
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Parsing .apt file

Post by karthi_gana »

I guess, by default, the datastage job will use the default.apt file to execute the job. If we want to force the datastage to use the new one, we have to create a new environment variable which will point the newly created .apt file and then the same should be added in the job to utilize the new .apt file. am i correct?

Now..incase if my above guess is correct, how the datastage will read the default.apt file by default/ without mentioning anywhere in the job? is the datastage is designed in such a way to pick/read the default.apt file? can i see where this property is set in the unix directory?
Karthik
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

The parameter APT_CONFIG_FILE is used to specify which config file is used.

It is set at the project level, or you can manually add it at job level if you want to use a different config file for just that job.