XML Stage Producing Malformed XMLs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

eimhelper01
Premium Member
Premium Member

XML Stage Producing Malformed XMLs

Post by eimhelper01 »

Hi all,

I'm using Datastage 8.5 fp1 and I'm running into an odd issue where the new XML Stage generates malformed XML documents which do not conform to the xsd which I fed it in the Composer.

The XSD itself isnt terribly complex though it is quite large and has ~200+ fields - with a total of around 350,000 XMLs to be generated.

This is happening randomly in various XML output (not all!) a simplified structure of my document is roughly as so:

Code: Select all

<a>
  <a1>qwerty</a1>
  <a2>qwerty</a2>
</a>
<b>
  <b1>asdf</b1>
  <b2>asdf</b2>
</b>
What I am randomly getting is

Code: Select all

<a>
  <b>
    <b1>asdf</b1>
    <b2>asdf</b2>
  </b>
  <a1>qwerty</a1>
  <a2>qwerty</a2>
</a>
The XML stage itself contains 2 XML Parser stage which parse separate strings each containing the <:a> and <:b> xml sequences
and a XML Composer which creates the final XML document (essentially just the two lists put together).

I've validated the XSD and all associated stages - everything looks fine (heap size is 2047MB) but it doesnt bode well with the results...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Things that appear to be "random" are not often so random.....hopefully there is a pattern that you can detect, such as the parentage and how the particular values are arranged for each of those independent nodes.

Not an easy thing to discern necessarily --- do you have independent re-groups for each of those nodes according to their hierarchies?

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>