Distributed Transaction Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

padmavathi
Participant

Distributed Transaction Stage

Post by padmavathi »

Hi,

I have requirement to keep mesages that are failed to process in queue and messages processed successfully has to load to database and should be deleted from Queue.

I am using MQ Connector as Source and Distributed transaction stage to load processed messages to DB2 table.

If I have 5 messages in Queue, irrespective of job status(out aof processed and faield message), 4 messages are loadign to Work queue. If retrigger the job , these 4 messages are processing and 3 are laoding back to Work queue.

Plese advise how to get funstionality of only failed records should be kept in work queue and processed messages have to get deleted from source and work queue.

Thanks
Padma
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

As far as I am aware there is no Distributed Transaction Stage in DataStage TX. Perhaps consider posting in the correct forum?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
v2kmadhav
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by v2kmadhav »

If you read the messages as "Move to work" queue and propogate the binded MsgId to the DTS stage.. it should move only records that failed to the work queue.
padmavathi
Participant

Post by padmavathi »

Thank you. Its working fine...
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Relocated. Next time please pay more attention to where you are posting.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers