Oracle Connector issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vskr72
Premium Member
Premium Member

Oracle Connector issue

Post by vskr72 »

I am getting the follwoign error when I am tryign to load data into a Ora table using Oracle Connector. The table does exst. The same jobs worked using Enterprise stage. Theconnector is running on 2 nodes. I am trruggling with this error:

Code: Select all

DACT_DAILY,1: The OCI function OraOCIStmtExecute returned status -1. Error code: 942, Error message: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist. (CC_OraUtils::prepareAndDescribeStatement, file CC_OraUtils.cpp, line 5,894)
Thank you fior your help
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Does your Oracle ID have the correct privileges on that particular table? SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, etc.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
vskr72
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vskr72 »

There are other tables in that schema that can be loaded withgout issues. I was just wondering how there could be an issue just for this one.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Assuming you should be able to work with this table then your connection information is not correct after swapping out the stage. Those errors mean either you have connected to the wrong instance or via the wrong user. Your connected user either does not own the table, have access via a synonym or does not have a select grant to it. Double-check your connection information, including the schema.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers