schema file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Satwika
Participant

schema file

Post by Satwika »

Hi ,

I have one job which is using schema file. And We have requirement to perform some transactions on the columns which were mentioned in schema file. This has to be done before loading into a target. Target also using the same schema file.

Job designed :

Seq file --> T/f --> Target .

In T/F i need to perform some transactions on some specified columns.
How to do this ?
Any suggestions in this. Thank you.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Need more info...

What kind of transactions?

What have you tried so far?

Are you getting wrong results or error messages?

Etc.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
Satwika
Participant

Post by Satwika »

Hi,

Good morning

I have to do transactions on the 3 columns op_id , P_id and cus_opp_id. Aggregation functions i need to perform and i have to split the cus_opp_id based on the characters and processing only one part from the split. So, how to do this . All columns are performing from the schema file.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No they're not. The schema file serves only to describe the record layout. You can perform Aggregations in the Aggregator stage (or some of them in a Transformer stage) but, to do so, you will need to name the output and input columns in that stage explicitly.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.