Delete rows from empty table

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sainath
Premium Member
Premium Member

Delete rows from empty table

Post by sainath »

Hi

We just upgraded to PX 8,7 ..when i tried to delete the records when the table is empty i am getting following error

SQL0100W : No rows was found for FETCH,UPDATE OR DELETE or the result of query in the empty table SQL STATE -2000

this was working fine in 8.5.

Please share your ideas...
BI-RMA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BI-RMA »

Hi sainath,

Is this a message from the database or from the parallel engine? SQL011W sounds rather like a message from the database. Did You change Your DB-version, too?

We had similar experiences when moving from DB2 for iSeries 5.4 to version 6.1. We saw a lot of new warnings concerning Metadata-mismatches when we moved to the new platform, for example.

Actually DB2 does throw a warning like this when fetching an empty cursor.
"It is not the lucky ones are grateful.
There are the grateful those are happy." Francis Bacon
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Do you have any message handlers defined in 8.5 that would hide that warning from you?
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
chandra.shekhar@tcs.com
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by chandra.shekhar@tcs.com »

Sainath, I think you need not to worry about that. It is just a warning that while deleting the rows from table it didnt find any. Even when you delete rows from a table in a database, it will again give this warning.
And if you dont want to see this warning in the director, just use message handler :)
Thanx and Regards,
ETL User
BI-RMA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BI-RMA »

Before following the advice to set a message handler, check the following:

Is the message that is to be demoted sufficiently specific not to interfere with any other activities in your job? In version 8.0.1 we had a lot of messages from DB2 for iSeries that were all displayed using the same message-code in the director log. Demoting a warning displayed for an unrestricted delete on a table also demoted warnings for rows rejected due to duplicate keys.
"It is not the lucky ones are grateful.
There are the grateful those are happy." Francis Bacon
pandeesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pandeesh »

I believe, this warning is pretty comman while using connector stage.
You can make use of any other database stage apart from connector stage.
pandeeswaran
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

The message you get is exactly the message you should get in this case. It is not a problem; it is to be expected.

I would be more concerned why you are not getting the DB2 warning in your older version.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius