Reading the column thru Seq stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vskr72
Premium Member
Premium Member

Reading the column thru Seq stage

Post by vskr72 »

I have a comma seperated sequential file. It has a one of a column like this. I am struggling to read this.

Code: Select all

"DOS 5, WINDOWS 3.1, MOUSE, 3.5"" DIS",
When I sprcify w/o quotes, then it is placing the values 'DOS 5' and 'WINDOWS 3.1' in seperate columns. But whne I specify quotes, then it is reading "DOS 5, WINDOWS 3.1, MOUSE, 3.5" as one column and DIS into another. Can this be handled anyway thru the format settings of a seq file stage. Pls help.
pandeesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pandeesh »

Specify a whole record from your input file and post how you want that to be splitted.
pandeeswaran
zulfi123786
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by zulfi123786 »

how would Datastage understand that

Code: Select all

"DOS 5, WINDOWS 3.1, MOUSE, 3.5"" DIS",
is a single column. It uses delimiter And/Or Quote to split record into columns. If the data listed is a value of single column then you either need to change your delimiter or Quote character to something which has zero probability of being a part of columns value
- Zulfi
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can use no delimiter and no quote character.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.