Suppress logs job level

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ramkarthik
Participant

Suppress logs job level

Post by ramkarthik »

Hi,

We have a project level message handler in out production Datastage project to suppress one parallel job warning <Entire partitioning warning>. But, We have another job which has been aborted due to the below warning.

"APT_CombinedOperatorController(1),6: APT_Decimal::operator=: the source decimal has even precision, but' non-zero in the leading nybble, or is too large for the destination decimal."

However, i tried to suppress this warning at job level. But, could not succeed because project level override could only suppress entire partitioning warning. I need to stop the project level override for the job to suppress the decimal warning...

Do I need to add environmental variable to stop project level override..?

Please suggest...

P.S : Though I know how to avert the decimal warning message, i have no rights to change the code in neither production nor development. So please suggest asap...
ramkarthik
pandeesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pandeesh »

Do the job abort because of more than 50 warnings?
if that's not the case, there is no way other than modifying the code.
pandeeswaran
zulfi123786
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by zulfi123786 »

you cant edit the code but can you edit the project level message handler ?

If you can't edit the project level message handler or cant change the code then looks like its a dead end.
- Zulfi
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Hand this over to someone who does have the rights. In dev.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
pandeesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pandeesh »

But, it's not the best practice to edit the project level message handlers in Production. In most of the sites, it will not be acceptable.
Whatever it's, it should be done in DEV and should be migrated to Production after thorough testing.
pandeeswaran
ramkarthik
Participant

Post by ramkarthik »

Yes. Changing or updating project level message handleres in prduction can never be the best practice. I tried it but it did not work...I dont have the admin rights to add any warning messages to the already existing message handlers. I think i had better ask the dev team to change their code or ask the dsadmin person to update the message handler...
ramkarthik
pandeesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pandeesh »

Better you can change your code in dev(for avoiding that warning).
rather than updating the message handler.
pandeeswaran
ramkarthik
Participant

Post by ramkarthik »

Yes. I have modified the code in playground area of production since it is a run time warning that is thrown only in production environment.In dev, we have not received the warning... Anyway we are gonna sync up all the environments...

I had also tried to suppress the warning. It did work but the job took ages ( almost a day ) to complete whereas the modified code took only 13 minutes to run...Thanks for your suggestions... :-)
ramkarthik