Using "After SQL" property in DB2 Connector

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chandra.shekhar@tcs.com
Premium Member
Premium Member

Using "After SQL" property in DB2 Connector

Post by chandra.shekhar@tcs.com »

Hi,
I would like to know that when we use the "After/Before SQL" property in DB2 connector, dont we get the status of SQL query in the director logs??
I have searched this in the 'Search' but no success. :cry:
The problem is I have used this property in one of my job; the job and the query executed successfully but there is nothing related to the successful execution of the SQL Query in the director logs. Am I missing something, somewhere in the job ??
Right now I have to manually check the data in the table to see if the query executed successfully.
Thanx and Regards,
ETL User
BI-RMA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BI-RMA »

If You leave the property "Fail on error" set to "Yes" You can be sure that Your query executed successfully when Your job did not abort.
"It is not the lucky ones are grateful.
There are the grateful those are happy." Francis Bacon
chandra.shekhar@tcs.com
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by chandra.shekhar@tcs.com »

If I set "Fail on error" to yes then my job will fail if an error occurs in the execution of the SQL. But that is not my requirement.
I want when the Query executes successfully and my job too, it should be reflected in the director logs. The director logs does not have anything related to the successfull execution of the Query.
Thanx and Regards,
ETL User
BI-RMA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BI-RMA »

I just tried running an erratic SQL-Statement (select on a missing table) as a Before-SQL from DB2-Connector with "Fail on error" set to "No".

This results in a warning in the director-log. Success is reported in Unix-Style: no news is good news.
"It is not the lucky ones are grateful.
There are the grateful those are happy." Francis Bacon