CFF Stage closes Datastage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bidsadw
Premium Member
Premium Member

CFF Stage closes Datastage

Post by bidsadw »

I am at my wits end with this quirk.

in a PX job, if I put a CFF stage on a new canavas and double click on it to get to the properties, no problems.

If I drop a processing stage on the same canvas and double click on the CFF stage to get to the properties, no problmes

If I link the CFF stage to the processing stage ( transformer for example ) and double click on the CFF to access the properties, Datastage closes. No warnings or error messages or BSOD

The odd thing is, in a server job, I do not have any issues.

I have had datastage removed, reinstalled with all the patchs. same thing happens as described above.

My machine has been completely wiped, everything re-installed and the same issue occurs.

It is a brand new machine

I am running Windows XP Professional on an HP laptop
AMD Turion II P520 processor
Dual Core - 2.29 GHZ
4 gigs of ram

Any ideas appreciated?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So Designer is core dumping, also known as a CTD or Crash to Desktop. I'm not sure what anyone could do to help other than suggest you do what you've already done. You said something about "all of the patches", does that include the "Windows XP SP2" patch? I don't recall it fixing issues with the CFF stage but it does fix similar problems with other stages.

Outside of that, you'd need to involve your official support provider, I would imagine.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers